TAGLINE: “Where Christ’s Story Meets Your Story”
OUR MISSION: To inspire and equip the local church, community, and families to a deeper relationship with Jesus Christ through biblical teaching and excellent programming and service.
OUR CORE VALUES:
The following values guide our everyday decisions, actions, and expectations. Like a thread in a canvas, these values weave and hold together the very core of who we are that ultimately creates the “Welcome Home” feeling many experience when they are here. They are not ideas we merely post on a wall to inspire; they are concepts we live by in both speech and action. It’s one reason why we have been around for over 50 years serving the Church and community in New England.
● We are Gospel-Centered. (Titus 2:14) Jesus Christ is at the heart of Monadnock Bible Conference. We will boldly proclaim His truth. We want people to know Jesus personally by the teaching and preaching they hear, but also through the way we serve and love.
● We are Grace-Based. (Galatians 6:2) We hear all the time how MBC is a safe place to encounter the Gospel. We want people to feel welcomed, accepted, and loved here. We care that your story will encounter His story of redemption.
● We are Discipleship-Focused. (1 Thessalonians 5:14) We believe that Jesus not only meets us where we are, but loves us so much not to leave us there. Our goal is to encourage and equip believers to grow into full maturity in Christ.
● We are Biblically-Based (2 Timothy 3:16) – We believe that the Old and New Testaments, inerrant as originally given, were verbally inspired by God and are a complete revelation of His will for the salvation of men. They constitute the divine and only rule of Christian faith and practice. Based on this we believe the following in regards to our programming practices:
– We believe that God wonderfully and immutably creates each person as male or female. These two distinct, complementary genders together reflect the image and nature of God. (Gen 1:26-27.) We also believe there are people due to situations or sin that might not feel this way (Matthew 19:12). We will handle all these things with love and grace and not judgement.
– We believe that the term “marriage” has only one meaning: the uniting of one man and one woman in a single, exclusive union as delineated in Scripture. (Gen 2:18-25.) We believe that God intends sexual intimacy to occur only between a man and a woman who are married to each other. (1 Cor 6:18; 7:2-5; Heb 13:4.)
– We believe in a “Christian Sexual Ethic” that any form of sexual immorality (including adultery, fornication, homosexual behavior, bisexual conduct, bestiality, incest, and use of pornography) is sinful to God (Matt 15:18-20; 1 Cor 6:9-10.)
– We believe that God offers redemption and restoration to all who confess and forsake their sin, seeking His mercy and forgiveness through Jesus Christ. (Acts 3:19-21; Rom 10:9-10; 1 Cor 6:9-11.)
– We believe that every person must be afforded compassion, love, kindness, respect, and dignity. (Mark 12:28-31; Luke 6:31.) Hateful and harassing behavior or attitudes directed toward any individual are to be repudiated and are not in accord with Scripture nor the Core Values of MBC.
● We build Temporary Community – The camp community is one that is founded on trust, honesty, and authenticity. We accept you right where you are. We love celebrating the uniqueness that each individual brings to camp with them but we also realize the similarities we have are for the edification of the community.
● We have Fun – Get ready to have a lot of fun with tons of activities that will not only bring lots of enjoyment but strengthen relationships and will leave you with lasting memories.
● We create a space for Lifelong Relationships – Friendships can deepen in ways at camp that no one else can offer because of the temporary community that is created. Devotions, room assignments, activities, teaching sessions, and so much more can lend itself to amazing friendships. As a result, campers and staff alike develop the most meaningful relationships that we hope will last a lifetime.
● We serve with Excellence – Service isn’t something we take lightly. We strive in providing a world-class experience here on our grounds. Our standards are high when it comes to our facilities, safety, and hiring practices. We look for the best in staff and seasonal staff. These high standards bring a great deal of knowledge, expertise, and commitment to your experience here at MBC.
● Families (Deuteronomy 6): God has designed the family to pass faith on to the next generation. He has given MBC the mission to inspire and equip families. Families are strengthened through specific retreats geared for families, teens, couples, men, and women.
● Churches (Ephesians 4:15-16): We believe that MBC is a hub of ministry. We absolutely believe that families and individuals need to be connected to a local church to grow in their faith and service. Our role as a ministry is to see where the needs are in the local church and partner with them to meet those needs.
● Community (Jeremiah 29:7) We come alongside the needs of our local community to serve and meet their needs where it aligns with our charter. We will work for the peace and prosperity of New England where it makes sense to draw those we serve to a deeper relationship with Jesus Christ.
We will declare the hope of the Gospel to anyone who will hear it as we minister to the family and to the church here and abroad to His glory because we believe that MBC is “Where Christ’s Story Meets Your Story.”